Thursday, November 10, 2011

3-Letter Words: Reading, Stamping, Building

Pin It Last night I went to print off Read! Build! Write! Mats only to discover our printer was low on ink. No printer ink and class the next morning?! I guess that’s what I get for waiting until the last minute to prepare materials.
Before the school year started, I had picked up a ton of paint color samples for different lessons I had in mind, so I got those out and made up a bunch of 3-letter words we’ve been working on.
008
Next, I cut 8.5X11 cardstock in half and wrote the words in marker at the top. They were color-coded according to the paint samples.
006
Instead of having Madelyn and Sarah write the words out, I got out our alphabet stamps for my little stamping addicts.
009
All materials fit on one of our magnet board/cookie sheets.
010
Madelyn sat and admired each of her finished cards.


011 
Materials:
Cardstock
Markers
Alphabet stamps
Stamp pad
Paint color samples




 

 






2 comments:

  1. We have the same stamps, and this is inspiration to get them out and use them. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun! We love practicing build words & reading using stamps too! Thanks for linking up to TGIF!
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete