Monday, August 6, 2012

2012-2013 Curriculum Choices

Pin It Summer is coming to an end, which means a new school year is just around the corner. The biggest change this year is that Samuel will be attending a private school while the girls continue to homeschool.  This change was not in our plans until very recently. In fact, I had all of Samuel's curriculum purchased, labeled, and ready to go. He was thrilled about using Sonlight, so we were pretty much all set for an Aug. 13 start date.

As I've mentioned before, he has had a hard time adjusting to our move. He is also my moody, strong-willed child that has made life pretty difficult for everyone while he's dealing with this change. We finally had a long talk and came to the conclusion that he would attend a private school for one semester, and then we'll decide where to go from there.

I am having mixed emotions about this decision. This morning I woke up feeling like it was all wrong. All I know is that school supplies are purchased, a tuition payment has been made, and uniforms are getting ordered. I'm hoping that I'll feel better about this by the first day of school.

With Samuel going to school, I changed our year-round calendar to his school's calendar to make things easier. We'll be starting the new school year on August 21st.

Sarah and Madelyn will be doing their first Sonlight Core (Core A) this year. We are all pretty excited to dive into some great books. Here's a look back at our "box day." This box included Samuel's Core B&C which will now be set aside for the girls to use in the future.






Can you feel Sarah's crazy excitement? lol




Sarah (1st grade)
Reading/Language:

Writing:
Draw, Write, Now: Native Americans, North America, The Pilgrims
Journaling
History/ Geography:

Math:

Science:

Health/ Safety:

PE/ Music/ Art:
Co- Op

Spanish:
Co-Op

Other:
Typing Instructor

Madelyn (Kindergarten):

Reading/Language:
Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons

Writing:


History/ Geography:

Math:
Finish up Math-U-See Primer

Science:

Health/ Safety:

PE/ Music/ Art:
Co-Op


There you have it! I'm seeing some fun field trips pop up on the group we're members of, so this year is sure to be awesome!

 Not Back to School Blog Hop

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you've had to make such a tough decision, but you didn't make it lightly. Your curriculum choices sound like fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love box day. It looks like you all had a blast.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you are going to be busy this year. Great choices. I am sorry you had to make a tough decision. It sounds like you thought it out very carefully and are doing what's best for everyone in the family at this moment. Good luck and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sonlight! I hope the semester goes smoothly. THanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete